Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

Flintstones reboot, wtf?

Well just by the title, you already know what this post is about. The cartoon, The Flintstones, is being rebooted by none other then Seth MacFarlane.
The mastermind behind Family Guy will reboot the classic animated series The Flintstones for Fox.
Now I'm personally disgusted by this. One, he is in no way a mastermind. He's far from it. Family Guy was funny at one point...not anymore, it hasn't been funny for a few seasons. Second, it's a classic cartoon, I don't want it to be tarnished and ruined. Although this cartoon is definitely old, I use to love watching it as a kid. The silly almost cheesy humor was just icing on the cake to me. This isn't a joke either, production is going to start in 2013.
 As for his re-imagination, he said the show has to keep up with the times but some things will remain familiar for old fans.
They are supposed to be prehistoric cavemen, but hes going to make it current with the times? How!? Maybe by adding in some liberal propaganda like he always does in Family Guy? (I'm not republican) I'm going to watch at least the first episode of this show, just to witness how bad it is going to be. P.S: I also like how the article has to tell you what The Flinstones was about, how pathetic.

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-developing-reboot-of-the-flintstones/?hpt=T2

20 comments:

DANIEL, THIS IS AWESOME :D Good writing young grass hoper : )

This comment has been removed by the author.

Flintstones haven't been relevant for years. While I'm not particularly excited for Seth McFarlane's involvement, I will give it a chance if only to see what they could possibly do to the show.

A lot of animators are greatly inspired by Hanna-Barbera cartoons. I can see his obsession with it. It is a bold move though...

Eh, I hated the cartoon anyway. It was right up there with Scooby Doo, which hopefully he will destroy next.

That can really be a mistake...but I'm amped to see what seth does with it

I can't stand Seth MacFarlane either. Family Guy never appealed to me, & I remember thinking Fox was making a terrible mistake in buying the series back after canceling it. Proved me wrong, I guess!

Damn i cant help but think it wont be the same!

Some things are better left alone. What the hell are you doing, Seth?

okey...not that I would watch it anyway

I think Seth will give it a good touch.

About time Seth does voice for Dyno

hope they dont mess up a classic

Yeah they always mess up classics

This is awesome news, I'd also like to see the new the Jetsons episodes.

How to make money: take a movie, book, TV show (preferably from the 80s) or video game and make it into a movie or TV show.

Oh wait, THATS BORING AND LAZY.

Dont know whetther it will be a hit or a huge flop :/

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More