Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

15/16/17

Day 15 – A character who you can relate to the most

 
The Big Lebowski (1998)

Directed by
Joel Coen
Ethan Coen
10/10
I seriously love this movie, its pretty much a perfect comedy. I would say I relate to The Dude. I'm just as lazy as him, and the only 'sport' I do really is bowling. He pretty much doesn't care what other people think, and I love that. Just like him and his robe, I'll walk into a store with pajamas on, get what I want, drink it on the way to the counter haha. Dude.




Day 16 – A movie that you used to love but now hate
Kick-Ass (2010)

Director: 

Matthew Vaughn 5/10
I went to see Kick-Ass with a friend of mine at the movies. I thought it was great, what I really liked were the scenes of violence, especially the warehouse scene, which blew my mind at the time. Just a couple weeks ago I noticed Kick-Ass was on Netflix, so I decided to watch it. It was awful. I guess being with my friend had distracted me from the horrible acting. I think what made it a challenge was the dialogue from the comic (I'm only speculating). Saying things like "Oh dear child" isn't really normal. Only good actors in my opinion was Chloe Moretz(Hit Girl) and  Aaron Johnson(Kick-Ass), and possibly Kick-Ass'es friends.



Day 17 – A movie that disappointed you the most
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)

Director: 

David Yates 5/10

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and the older movies of the series. The latest movies have been so dark and terrifying. I skipped the midnight premier as I had a film class that I was going to watch it with the same day as the premier. I hated it. Every little part of this movie was awful. The chase scene is what first made me angry, It was back to being childish, I couldn't help but facepalm. The rest of the movie kills me. Watching people stand around in the woods for an hour wasn't exactly what I was looking forward too. Nothing happened, and when people tell me, "oh well thats because the second half has all the action" I get so annoyed. I don't care about the second half, a boring movie is a boring movie. I did like how the director followed the book in much more detail then past movies, but I felt bad for people who have not read the books; It leaves those who have not read the book behind.

8 comments:

The dude abides, man... OVERRR THE LINEEEE!

I relate more to Walter, because I'm full of rage
+followed

The Big Lebowski will be good 2 watch.. dunno how could i miss this one

I have this really weird interpretation of the big Lebowski. Donny is the Good Angel on Dude's shoulder, Walter is the devil on the other shoulder & Dude himself, is the voice of reason. When Donny dies, all hell breaks loose with only the voice of reason to keep everything balanced & shit unravels...

The dude, lazy stoner,I love him

And Nicolas Cage wasn't bad in kickass, he shoot Chloe.

Ohhhh man, that nostalgia. I remember the first time I watched that movie haha. Great memories

Gotta love The Big Lebowski, and indeed! I loved Kickass, I doooon't like Harry Potter honestly, great reviews man, thanks for sharing, following!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More