Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cigarettes

New York City has increased the area where people cannot smoke, a no-smoking area. The no-smoking area has increased by 29,000 acres. Thats pretty damn big.
now that it is illegal to light up in parks and on beaches, the New York Post reported Tuesday.
 That sounds pretty fascist to me. Honestly the smell of others smoking does bother me. But if I take a few steps away, I'm fine. Do we really need to make sure there is no one in the park smoking? Where else is it going to be illegal to smoke after this. And if I'm not mistaken, this sort of contradicts something. That something would be our amendments.
Amendment 10 - The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
I'm no expert on the constitution or the amendments so I could be wrong. Feel free to mention other infractions :D. I've also always thought that the ban on all restaurants was silly as well. The owners should be allowed to decide if smoking in their property is okay or not. I'm really tired of all this anti smoking propaganda that gets passed around. People are going to do what they want, and people know it slowly kills you. Leave people be.
I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.  ~Robert Frost
Source: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/manysmokers-defy-new-york-city-expanded-ban-20110524-ncx

4 comments:

I agree entirely with everything you posted. I don't smoke, personally, but I think it's laughable all of the restrictions that they enforce. Oh well.

I think its fine to ban smokers. May sound mad but its for their own well being. Smokin kills. People who smoke are addicts and nothing more or less.

Second hand smoke is also deadly. That puts it in the same kind of place like drunk driving. If they only put themselves at risk it would be fine, but others? That's not good. I also don't know about you but I have to be a good seven feet away for smoke not to affect me, and my parents used to be smokers. Then there's also those smokers who aren't very nice. Some even purposely blow smoke in your direction.

I also don't think that amendment anyway pertains to this.

Also just to reiterate: "I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." ~Robert Frost
But is it fine for them to go to hell in a way they don't want?

The restaurant thing just says they have to separate smoking and non-smoking, for good reason. There is a law that there is no smoking within a certain distance of government buildings, but again I think they have the right to do that too.

Now if smokers smoked in a smoking only area, then that is okay. They only smoke near those who are already affected by smoking. They are only going to hell in there own way.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More