Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the world

May 21, 2001. Today is supposed to be the end of the world.  This reminded me of one of my favorite songs, Ænema by Tool  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEeAn6_QJo .

I honestly feel bad for the people who truly believed in this 'End of the world' crap. We were supposed to be hit by earthquakes and natural disasters while the chosen people would be taken to heaven.
Instead of a series of earthquakes hitting successive countries at 6pm local time and heralding The Rapture – in which millions of the Faithful would ascend to heaven before the Second Coming of Christ – planet Earth simply carried on and, mostly, kept calm.
These people went ahead and spent millions of dollars trying to 'warn' people of the coming of the end of the world.
Camping and his followers spent more than $100m worldwide on billboards and posters, financed by the sale and swap of radio stations.
I am an atheist, so obviously, I would never be convinced by this guy's predictions. And while I feel bad for these silly Christians who spend more then a 100 Million, I hope they all feel like dicks for creating a stir and making a mockery of their religion. Their 15 minutes of fame will soon be gone. This was a fun experience though, with all the 'let's do something before we die' offers, tell me, what did you do today?

5 comments:

everyone knows how much they spent. But how much revenue came back? I think this was a brilliant money making scam

true and yet we are still here

Whoo TOOL! Stinkfist is my favorite song EVER!

I guess if these lunatics predict the end of the world enough, eventually they might be right?

What did I do... Hm... Slept, woke up... Chilled... Nothing different :D

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More