Total Pageviews

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 1 - The best movie you saw during the last year

I've decided that along with my normal blogs, I will start a challenge. After looking at some tumblr challenges, I decided I would just look up a 30 day movie challenge. The challenge I am doing is here: http://www.theaterthoughts.com/?p=446.

Day 1 - The best movie you saw during the last year

The Book of Eli

Directors - Albert HughesAllen Hughes  9/10

The Book of Eli was definitely my favorite movie of 2010. The cinematography was beautiful throughout the whole movie. This movie was truly stunning. What made me really like it was the quick scenes of violence. It was over as quick as it started. Every fight scene in this movie made me sit on the edge of my couch completely interested. My favorite scene was the street shootout. The reason I gave this movie a 9 out of 10 was the ending. The ending was...stupid.. to me at least. Runner up was Inception.

17 comments:

Good concept, but having the chick from the 70's show was a casting mistake.

Really? Book of Eli? Really?

I thought Inception was way better than Book of Eli.

Usually an ending would just ruin the movie for me entirely. The ending to this one simply went from pretty good to "meh"

ive seen that movie, the book of eli, loved it!

Book of Eli wasn't bad but they were many better films out this year.

I'm a big fan of Denzel Washington, so The Book of Eli was perfect for me. Not quite enough nudity and explosions to make it #1 for the last year though :P

As much as I love Denzel, I don't think that Eli was the best movie of 2010, though it was among my top 10.

I agree with you, the ending was so 'what the hell... why?!' to me too! Denzel is an awesome actor, but it wasn't his -best- movie, for sure.

I'd have to agree, inception was pretty good. the book of eli was quite good though

Book of Eli was ok... Inception had to be the best movie I saw last year!

I feel like The book of Eli was trying too hard to be "great", didn't quite make it, and as a result turned out just "OK".

I will agree with you Book of Eli and District 9 was my favorite movies of 2010.

I havent seen book of eli, I have heard a lot about it though.

Great blog! Keep the posts coming, i enjoy reading them!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More