Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

APB and 18/19/20/21

I've been real lazy about posting blogs and even things like texting people back, and thats because I've been playing APB Reloaded. For those of you who have no idea what it is, it's a really bad ass game. When I describe it to people, I usually say it is like GTA (Grand Theft Auto) if it was an MMO. The graphics are fantastic as well, even on the minimal graphics setting, it still looks really good. And like all MMO's, there are two sides. There are the Enforcers and the Criminals. The enforcers are pretty much licensed vigilantes while criminals are just criminals. I am of course a criminal because, come on, obeying the law is pretty lame. Right now APB is in Open Beta, and it is free to play, so I recommend trying it out. Add me, I'm on the US West server and my name is waa97. Here is the APB Reloaded blog : http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com and here is what you need to download to get started : http://www.gamersfirst.com/?q=download

Day 18 – A movie that you wish more people would’ve seen
Let the Right One In (2008)

Director: 

Tomas Alfredson 10/10
This is definitely a movie that I wish had been seen. This movie came out the same year as Twilight and was pretty much unheard of. And of course it didn't help that this is a foreign film. This is a good vampire movie, believe it or not, and I wish that it had been recognized instead of terrible films like Twilight. This movie is pretty brutal at points, and the acting is great. The movie Let Me In (2010) is actually a remake of Let the Right One In, and although I didn't actually see it myself, I heard the remake was good as well, so I recommend watching them both.




Day 19 – Favorite movie based on a book/comic/etc.
Fight Club (1999)

Director: 

David Fincher 10/10
Fight club is one of my favorite movies so it is no surprise I choose it for favorite movie based on a book/comic. I liked this movie so much that I actually bought the book that the movie was based on. This movie has so many subtle hints about whats actually going, it's brilliant directing in my eyes. For those who haven't seen this movie, Edward Norton plays an insomniac who eventually creates a cult with Brad Pitt's character Tyler Durden (who is a total badass btw).






Day 20 – Favorite movie from your favorite actor/actress
American History X (1998)

Director: 

Tony Kaye 10/10
If I had to choose a favorite actor, I would choose Edward Norton. Fight Club and American History X are two of my favorite movies. It's fitting that Day 19 and 20 happened to end up with two Edward Norton movies. Whenever I talk about actors with friends, I always choose Edward Norton and feel amazing until someone mentions The Incredible Hulk, which doesn't count in my head.. This movie has the famous curb stomp scene, and it makes me cringe every time.






Day 21 – Favorite action movie
Boondock Saints (1999)

Director: 

Troy Duffy 10/10
I'm not really a fan of action movies. Have you ever heard, the more helicopters in a movie, the worse it is? Well almost every action movie that comes out now of days has a ton of helicopters or even worse; EXPLODING helicopters. Boondock Saints isn't anything like that, it's actually good! This is an amazing shooter movie. These two brothers pretty much have an epiphany from god to rid their town of evil men. That might sound cheesy, but when you see some of the epic scenes from this movie, you'd love it just as much as me.

3 comments:

american history x definitly epic movie and the best here on the list and i've seen them all.

Seen all those movies and I agree, they're all awesome.

That some nice violent movie, I seen them all except Let the Right One In, I will check this out.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More